We love adding our mushroom powders to recipes for an extra nutritional boost. Today we have a twist on the childhood favourite flapjacks, featuring our cordyceps powder. Flapjacks look like they would be healthy- hello oats- but traditionally they are packed with butter, sugar and golden syrup. Sure they taste great, and make the perfect treat, but they could have an upgrade in the nutritional stakes to make them an everyday option, try our healthier flapjacks featuring our Cordyceps powder to upgrade your snacking…
These healthier flapjacks are free from refined sugar, relying solely on the dried fruit and a small amount of honey to sweeten them naturally, they make an energy packed snack without too much added sugar. These are great for little ones for an afternoon treat, for grown ups when that 11am hunger bites, or for that weekend adventure. Packed with natural sources of quick releasing carbohydrates like dried apricots alongside the slower energy releasing oats, and our cordyceps powder to support stamina and endurance, these are the perfect little snack to pick you up.
- 200g Oats
- 150g Dried Apricots (You can also use dates or raisins, or a mix)
- 1 Tablespoon Mushrooms 4 Life Cordyceps Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Flaxseeds
- 2 Tablespoons Sunflower Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- 100g Almond Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- Juice of half an Orange
- Grease an ovenproof dish with some coconut oil or line it with baking parchment.
- Preheat the oven to 175 Degrees Celsius.
- Add the apricots and oats to a food processor and pulse until the apricots are finely chopped. Then add the remaining dry ingredients and mix together.
- Melt the coconut oil over low heat, then stir in the almond butter, honey and orange juice until well combined.
- Add the wet mixture to the food processor and pulse together, until you have a thick, sticky mixture.
- Pour into the ovenproof dish and make sure you press the mixture down into the dish.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool (we know, it’s hard to resist!) for half an hour then slice into 12 flapjacks with a sharp knife and store in an airtight container.
Let us know if you make this recipe, and tag us in your creations on Instagram @mushrooms_4life