Kickstart your day with Medicinal Mushroom Granola
Fed up with the same old breakfast? Why not try our medicinal mushroom granola, with all the delicious taste of store bought versions, but so much more nutrition and none of the added refined sugars, highly processed oils and other ingredients they commonly contain.
We decided to make our medicinal mushroom granola using whole food ingredients, packing it with protein rich nuts and seeds, with an energizing kick from our Cordyceps powder, and a brain boost from our lions mane, making it a super-fueled way to start your day, nourish your body and mind, and leave you ready to take on whatever the day may bring.
Medicinal Mushroom Granola
- 2 cups Oats
- 2 Tablespoons Sunflower Seeds
- 4 Tablespoon Chopped Pecans
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon powder
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon of Ginger powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cordyceps Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Lions Mane Powder
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Apple Juice
- Pinch of Himalyan Salt
- 100g Chopped Medjool Dates
1. Mix together the dry ingredients in a large bowl (Leave the dates out to stir in after its baked).
2. Melt the coconut oil over low heat, then stir in maple syrup, and apple juice.
3. Pour the wet ingredients onto the dry and stir together
4. Spread out onto a lined baking sheet.
5. Bake for about 30 minutes at 170 degrees C, stirring every 5 minutes to ensure it does not burn and gets evenly toasted.
6. Leave to cool then mix in the chopped dates. Store in mason jars, or anything with a tight lid to keep it nice and crunchy.
Adding functional foods like mushrooms is an easy way to give your recipes a nutrient boost and a fun way to include our mushroom powders in your diet. You can sub in any of our mushroom powders in this recipe, so choose your favourites, and upgrade your breakfast!
Let us know if you make this recipe, and tag us in your creations on Instagram @mushrooms_4life