We love to use Reishi mushroom powder in our medicinal hot chocolate and other beverages, but it also works really well in food recipes too, and as mentioned previously it’s bitter notes combine perfectly with chocolate which is why we’ve mixed the two in this recipe for Reishi mushroom chocolate almonds.
Nuts are a satisfying snack, rich in healthy fats, protein, minerals and fibre and are perfect for snacking on between meals, or with our reishi mushroom chocolate almonds the perfect treat after a meal to satisfy your sweet tooth. These reishi mushroom chocolate almonds are the ideal post dinner dessert. Reishi mushroom powder and it’s adaptogenic benefits can help you to unwind in the evening, and this calming nature combines with the almonds Magnesium content- Magnesium is known as the calming mineral- helping your body and mind to relax.
You can use any of our mushroom supplements in this recipe, interchangeably or in addition to Reishi powder, you can also open any of our mushroom capsules and use the powder from inside too- Cordyceps powder, Lions Mane powder and Chaga mushroom would all work well.
We like to use good quality dark chocolate for this recipe (70%+), but if you prefer milk chocolate then go with that. We have also added an option to dust the almonds with some cacao for extra decadence, but you can leave that out.
100g Dark Chocolate
5g Reishi mushroom Powder (or any other mushroom of choice)
1 Cup of Raw Almonds
1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
1 1/2 Tablespoon Water
Pinch of Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
Cacao powder (Optional)
- Toast the almonds in an oven preheated to 160 celsius for 6-8 minutes
- Add the almonds to a saucepan along with 1/2 cup coconut sugar, 1 1/2 Tablespoons water, pinch of salt and half a teaspoon of cinnamon. Cook over medium heat until almonds have a dry coating, keep stirring so as not to caramelize.
- Spread the almonds on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and leave to cool in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- While cooling melt the chocolate over a double boiler, stirring the reishi powder into the melted chocolate.
- Once cooled add the almonds to a large mixing bowl and add the chocolate reishi mixture, stir until evenly coated and place on the parchment-lined baking sheet. You can add a dust of cacao powder here for extra decadence.
- Place in the fridge to harden for at least an hour and then try not to eat them all!