Reishi Turmeric Latte Recipe
Reishi and turmeric are a natural health dream team. They are two of the most prized healing foods, have long traditional history’s of use and modern day science backs up many of their benefits. We have combined the two in this powerful reishi turmeric latte, the perfect soothing drink for evening time.
Reishi mushroom has been used medicinally for thousands of years, and revered in Asia as queen of the mushrooms. It’s polysaccharide and triterpene content are excellent for regulating the immune system, and managing inflammation within the body. Reishi mushroom is the perfect shroom for unwinding in the evening, it’s adaptogenic nature helps the body to cope with stress and brings bodily systems into balance. It is also deeply calming for the nervous system, helping us to get off to a deep restful sleep.
Turmeric latte, or golden milk, has been traditionally consumed since ancient times for its healing properties. Like reishi, turmeric is a great natural anti-inflammatory and rich in antioxidants to protect and support the body. This is our twist on the traditional golden milk, with some extra nutritional support from ‘shrooms…
Reishi Turmeric Latte
- 1 Scoop Mushrooms 4 Life Reishi mushroom Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ginger and Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 300ml Coconut Milk
- Coconut Palm Sugar and Cinnamon (to taste)
1. Mix reishi powder, the spices and coconut oil into a paste.
2. Heat coconut milk until warm.
3. Add the paste to the milk and whisk or froth until well mixed, serve immediately with a sprinkling of cinnamon.
Sip on this reishi tumeric latte as a cosy, pre-bedtime drink, to help your body drift into a deep sleep and support all that deep restorative work it does overnight.