Plants, herbs and fungi have long played an important role in supporting libido, lovemaking, and fertility in cultures all around the world. Mushroom supplements offer a natural way to support sexual health. Many mushrooms are life-reinforcing, have aphrodisiac qualities and help to build physical and sexual power.
What factors can affect your libido?
Loss of libido is a common problem that affects many men and women at some point in their life. It’s not unusual for a person’s sexual activity to fluctuate during the life cycle due to changes in hormonal levels, age, and stress. Other factors can affect your libido including:
– Several chronic illnesses can affect sexual function including heart disease, high blood pressure, and diabetes.
– Medication including anti-depressants, hormonal contraceptives, and high blood pressure medication can cause lowered sexual desire.
– Recreational drugs and excessive alcohol consumption can result in low libido.
– Chronic stress can lead the body to release adrenaline and cortisol which interfere with the bodies hormone levels and result in low libido.
– Menopause can cause a drop in hormone levels, including testosterone which can contribute to a lack of sexual desire.
– Low testosterone levels in males can lead to low libido.
– Mental health issues can also diminish a person’s interest in sexual activity.
Edible aphrodisiac foods you need to know about
Packed with nutrients including vitamin E for healthy hormone levels.
Natural source of tryptophan and betaine that promote feelings of well-being. Helps the body produce nitric oxide which opens up the blood vessels and supports sexual activity.
Caffeine boosts heart rate and increases blood flow and its alkaloids can help to support stamina.
Hippocrates prescribed honey for sexual vigor. Honey contains boron which may regulate sex hormone levels and nitric oxide. It’s also a symbol of fertility in some cultures.
Contains phenethylamine which is released in the brain when we fall in love and tryptophan which helps produce serotonin which is associated with elevated moods and sexual arousal.
Probably the most revered food for its aphrodisiac qualities. Rich in zinc which is essential for healthy sex hormones, testosterone levels, and sexual function.
Mushrooms that can help you reignite your love life
Most known for its ability to support energy levels, Cordyceps has long been sought out for its aphrodisiac qualities. Also known as ‘Himalayan Viagra’ it has traditionally been used to promote overall good health, and is useful at alleviating fatigue, supporting endurance, and stamina.
Like Cordyceps, Chaga can help to support healthy testosterone levels, as well as stable balanced energy levels and stamina. If you are too tired or drained for intimacy, then Chaga can help to restore vitality. It has been shown to support stamina in athletes and can help to give you more energy throughout the day.
Stress is a huge factor in loss of libido. In Asia, Reishi has long been used to reduce factors that negatively affect libido. It supports immunity and promotes overall wellbeing, supporting the body to cope with stress with its adaptogenic benefits.
Reishi mushroom helps us adapt to stress we may be under and supports our emotional well-being. It has traditionally been revered for its aphrodisiac qualities, helping to support male and female fertility and support the bodies overall function and performance.